CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 28, 2008

All Aboard

Dobre Dien. Many things have happened since our last visit together..... Nah, just kidding :)

Really though. It is a good time up here. Yana and Sergey have been doing a fine job at showing me a nice time. I'm learning more and more that it is really what I needed. God has been teaching me how to take in my surroundings before jumping in and being a difference in the system. As I said it before, it is hard for me to really to be taken care of. Mom, you know I am independent ;) Anywho, though it was kind of a struggle for a while, I am very grateful for my 2 weeks of ministry and rest.

Nothing out of the ordinary has really taken place. I have gone back and forth to the city several times. I'm pro at the subway now. Read about half of an interesting book during that time. First book I've read for pleasure in a LOOONNNNNGGGGG time. In the city we toured a sand sculpting art show depicting many of the Russian and Ukrainian fairy tales. Sergey and I visited an old friend of his. Together the three of us (sergey, vierra and myself) got our nipples pierced.





Sergey, Yana and I went to the river for a few hours one day. Wipe what you think of rivers away from your mind... it was totally different. Not that it was bad.. but it was... different. Trash might has well been the carpet of the dirt and grassy landscape. All around us were people in speedos and super-duper short swimming shorts (and mullets galore). The air was a smoky haze. Everyone smokes out here... but they do it in a more attractive way than back in the states. I'm telling you the scene is straight out of a 1950s movie, when people wore those kind of things and smoked in experimental ways that made the Camel proud. All that was missing was leather jackets and pinned up hair.

So today we leave for Kerch. I catch a train in about 2 hours. If history has taught me anything, it will be a sketchy train car without doors to the cabins and I will be a Ukrainian student named Daneel. :) I'm dressing the part. Sergey has given me linen pants which are all the rage out here. Look out America, Europe is about to take over the fashion scene.

I probably won't have as much access to the internet for the next month. I will update as much as I can... and yes mom, I will call when I can as well ;)

Here is the planned agenda. Arrive tomorrow morning. Go to the Hope Center to make my rounds with my future coworkers. Then Yana's for some G-ma cooking. For the next week I'll be helping an orphanage that I went to twice last year. Then, I'll be in camp as the intern... more details on what that means when i have them :) Then, back up to Kiev to get Ash... then down to Bila to visit some old friends at God's Hidden Treasures and the boys home. Then London. Then LA.

I love you all. No I didn't get my nipples pierced, but thanks for reading intently. I will see you all on here ASAP. Pray pray pray. Much love. Much peace. Much respect. Much God. AMEN!

-Tommy

Here are a few more photos from my photoshoot :)


5 comments:

Mrs. F said...

Ok...you had me worried for a minute there!I was quite disturbed about the nipple piercing thing! I've enjoyed your blog and reading it makes me feel just a little closer to Ash. We are praying for you both. Take care.

Debbie said...

Yea, me too! I was hoping I would read further and find out you were kidding about the piercing :) Constantly praying and thinking of you, Sergey, Ash and all. I love you! Really enjoyed the chat last night! Wonderful to hear your voice! :) (mom thing) FYI, your dad really talks you up. He is sooooo proud of you. He has told every waitress/waitor we have had about your trip. I really enjoy the pictures. I know sitting around being taken care of is difficult for you.............but God knew you needed the rest. Take it all in and enjoy. You will leave your blessings and be blessed by the time you spend there. But I can't wait to have you home again :) I will really miss you at the river for the 4th, but will be thinking of you. Hope to talk to you soon!
Love, Mom

Matty said...

Hey, I look forward to having you guys down here. I realize that you won't get this comment until after you get here today. That's ok, it's the thought that counts right?

Shae'Von said...

Thomas Steven!
you be safe! hah jsut kidding thanks so much for bloggin about your adventures in the UK and keeping us all informed, i know it helps me get an inside look especially with your photographs. tell sergey he's got an avid reader on his blog as well and i'm counting on him to help you love on everyone you meet :)

Bonnie Glick said...

I am so happy that you have been able to slow down and see what God wanted for you. Remember that was the hardest part for us when we got to Kerch last year. You are doing amazing things out there, Tommy, with or without your knowing. I'm praying for you every day, and I am so happy you have this chance to go out there and minister to the amazing people we met last year and the people you are about to meet. *Jealous more like it* May God continue to guide you every step of the way. :-)