CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Day in the life of a Ukrainian Mall Shopper

I finally got to bed after the sun came up. It comes up rather early here. When we woke up and got out of bed it was 11ish. Today was another resting day. It was a day of traveling, eating and shopping.. sorta.

Sergey and I walked in the rain to the bus stop. We were crammed inside with wet ukrainians who don't believe in deodorant :) It wasn't toooo bad... by that I mean... you get used to it after awhile. We took the subway to Yana's flat where we had coffee and cake. From there... more public transportation as we headed to the "trade center" (the mall). I pulled out some money and felt like a millionaire :) but then realized that a lot of things cost about the same... After picking out some traditional euro attire (which I never bought) we headed upstairs for a little LASER TAG. It was only the three of us in there.. so it was pretty fun to have the whole course to ourselves.

For lunch- you guessed it- McDONALDS!! 3 people can eat for under 10 dollars ;) I treated that time. Then, back home. Babushka made us some dinner... as seen below.... interesting but rather tasty.


On a personal note, I think my body is starting to adjust more and more. Its midnight + 15 minutes and I'm actually getting a little tired.

Sergey and I will find out if I can start at the orphanages soon. There is a slight chance that they still might go to a camp, kinda like the one I'll be interning for. Good for them if they do, it should be a great experience for them. That would put me in a bind though. Sergey said he would take the two weeks to teach me Russian if that happened. That would be a huge tool for my ladder ministry.

Hey mom... I think I'm gonna get a tattoo :) We'll talk later ;)

Sergey says "Check out my blogs about REAL Tommy in Ukraine." hahaha, should be funny.


Alright. Until next time, I leave you with three lasting things. A message to guide your paths. Faith(Вера), Hope(Надежда) and Love(Любовь)... but the greatest of these is Любовь.

Sweet dreams,
Томми

3 comments:

Kimberly Mallard said...

Tommy! This is so cool. Praying for you brother. :)

Debbie said...

Tommy,
Love the "play by play". Laser tag in Ukraine? Who would have thunk it? I sure hope you get to work with the orphans,since that was your plan. Of course, we know who is really in charge. I love the pictures :) About the tatoo.....at least wait until you are in the U.S. I am thinking of you all of the time and praying for you. I love you, buddy! ~~Mom~

Sergey said...

If you want to read about real Tommy in Ukraine click here http://truecoppers.blogspot.com/